THE KUNSTLERCAST BOOK
NOW SHIPPING (U.S. Only)
$13 + tax, shipping and handling
Also at Amazon
Or Shop Indie Bookstores*
*(price varies)
For Canada, Buy Here
For all else, check online.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2017, 06:19:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
73824 Posts in 6745 Topics by 14150 Members
Latest Member: wayedcomfy1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  kunstlercast.com
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: carstars, Innocent Byproduct)
| | |-+  Excerpts from my post-oil dystopian novel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print
Author Topic: Excerpts from my post-oil dystopian novel  (Read 37035 times)
carwood
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2009, 07:55:14 PM »

IB, my thoughts are with you and hope that you are okay.  I miss you!  Hope to hear from you as soon as you are able.
kevinm
« Reply #211 on: September 20, 2009, 01:56:47 PM »

Me too IB.  I hope all is well with you.
Innocent Byproduct

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2009, 12:41:50 AM »

I am so sorry I have had such a long absense from the boards. But after the diagnosis of cancer, everything escalated from there. And I was her health care proxy, so I was front and center at the hospital every day. (My new employer was very understanding. Amazing flexibility was granted to me in this whole situation)

My mom passed away last week on Thursday morning, just after midnight. We had a wake this past Sunday and then cremated her.

http://obits.masslive.com/obituaries/masslive/obituary.aspx?n=barbara-alice-sheehan&pid=133085426

Anyway, I am slowly getting back into the swing of things. Thanks to all for your kind support.

--IB

"This is an emergency far worse than World War I and World War II put together." --Sir Richard Branson

"The airlines in this sector are really the canaries in the coal mine." --J Kunstler

"This is the first scenario I've seen where I question the survivability of mankind." --R Rainwater
LarSue

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 24, 2009, 12:33:55 PM »

IB - My deepest sympathies to you and your family.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  I know how difficult those times can be, dealing not only with the illness and loss of your loved one but with the general upheavel in your life.  I'm glad you had a sympathetic employer.  I'm sure that took a lot of stress off you.

Take it one day at time.  We're glad you're back.  You were missed.

God bless you.

What if the Hokey Pokey is really all that it's all about?
faraway

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 24, 2009, 07:22:47 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear tha IB.
I'm sure having you there taking care of things was a great comfort for her.
May she rest in peace.

You can have my Cheezedoodles ® when you pry them from my bright orange fingers.
billonions

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 24, 2009, 09:16:41 PM »

Sorry for your loss.

What now!
carwood
« Reply #216 on: September 24, 2009, 09:25:28 PM »

I figured your long absence was because of the loss of your mother.  Now is the time to heal your loss and remember always to be patient and loving with yourself.  Reading the obituary, I note that you have 5 sisters and brothers?  Having so many brothers and sisters should help ease the burder of loss.  Your mother was born one year before my oldest sister. 
kevinm
« Reply #217 on: September 24, 2009, 11:58:04 PM »

My sincere condolences IB.  We're feeling your pain and thinking of you.  Please take care of yourself.
Andrew

In transit

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 27, 2009, 11:24:07 AM »

Sorry for your loss IB, I lost my own mother to cancer when I was in high school.

In transit, Andrew
Andy R

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 27, 2009, 01:29:28 PM »

IB
While it's unusual to convey condoloences on an internet forum, there is a familiarity that develops among people you interact with on a somewhat regular basis.
Sharing your novel has been a highlight of some days, so I definitely missed the follw-ups.
I hope your family has been a comfort during this difficult time, and I hope in some small way, we have as well.

“The majestic equality of the law forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.”
Anatole France
whipstock
« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2009, 05:42:36 PM »

My condolences as well IB.
John H

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 28, 2009, 01:36:45 AM »

Deepest sympathies.  I hope you can find the strength to be reminded mostly of the best about your mother who shaped you and helped to form your ethics and outlook.
luciddreams

http://emtmusings.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: October 10, 2009, 05:36:29 PM »

condolences IB.

If all economists were laid end to end, they [still] would not reach a conclusion. – George Bernard Shaw
carwood
« Reply #223 on: November 18, 2009, 08:40:18 PM »

IB, are you ever going to write this novel again? 
Innocent Byproduct

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 20, 2009, 05:17:38 PM »

My new job has become very demanding. I go to bed every night exhausted and my laptop sits there untouced.

I have 7 whole chapters I have not posted. I apologise. Wish me luck in getting a handle on my job and being able to balance out my worklife/homelife.

"This is an emergency far worse than World War I and World War II put together." --Sir Richard Branson

"The airlines in this sector are really the canaries in the coal mine." --J Kunstler

"This is the first scenario I've seen where I question the survivability of mankind." --R Rainwater
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: