THE KUNSTLERCAST BOOK
NOW SHIPPING (U.S. Only)
$13 + tax, shipping and handling
Also at Amazon
Or Shop Indie Bookstores*
*(price varies)
For Canada, Buy Here
For all else, check online.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 08, 2016, 03:00:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
73346 Posts in 6361 Topics by 13711 Members
Latest Member: Alexander2
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  kunstlercast.com
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Announcements & Sponsor Info (Moderator: carstars)
| | |-+  June Sponsor: PostPeakLiving.com
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: June Sponsor: PostPeakLiving.com  (Read 2121 times)
Duncan
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: June 04, 2009, 03:34:17 PM »

This month's sponsor is PostPeakLiving.com, a group that offers online courses that prepare you for the post peak oil world.

PostPeakLiving is currently offering a course on "Chickens 101", a topic we have discussed on a recent KunstlerCast.

You can discuss PostPeakLiving.com here. If you've taken any of their courses feel free to share your experiences with other listeners here.

Use "KunstlerCast" for your discount code.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 07:32:22 PM by Duncan » Logged

--
Host/Producer
The KunstlerCast
http://kunstlercast.com

Please post a review of our podcast in the iTunes directory!
aangel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 06:21:38 PM »

Thanks for creating this thread, Duncan. I didn't know you were going to do it but it's great.

I'm also happy to answer any questions people have about the courses or even about what it means to prepare for peak oil, climate change and our declining economy (as Jim has so eloquently phrased it 'The Long Emergency' — hmmm....that's a good book title...  Wink).

My company focusses on personal preparation, but really each and every community must also start to transition to a world without oil. For that I recommend that people join or start a local Transition Town group, which unlocks people's sense of creativity and collaboration as we remake our communities. More on Transition Towns is here: http://transitionus.org. San Francisco is having its kickoff event on June 11th and there are kickoff meetings happening all over the world.

BTW, our current courses are Introduction to Sustainable Gardening, which is a great way to learn the essentials of permaculture, and Chickens 101, which shows people how to start keeping chickens.

-André
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: