THE KUNSTLERCAST BOOK
NOW SHIPPING (U.S. Only)
$13 + tax, shipping and handling
Also at Amazon
Or Shop Indie Bookstores*
*(price varies)
For Canada, Buy Here
For all else, check online.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 08, 2016, 02:56:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
73346 Posts in 6361 Topics by 13711 Members
Latest Member: Alexander2
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  kunstlercast.com
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Creative Expressions (Moderator: Innocent Byproduct)
| | |-+  Xtranormal video on peak oil
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Xtranormal video on peak oil  (Read 5566 times)
noodles
Global Moderator

Must not sleep, must warn others...

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2010, 02:57:37 AM »

Same text-to-video stuff behind the "have you heard about the fed" youtube vid that went viral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BjK_Stz-cE
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:10:33 PM by noodles » Logged
mjcrites

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 05:39:22 AM »

That's freaking awesome.
whipstock
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 06:00:47 AM »

Good job Noodles!

Have you thought of sending a link to the Energy Bulletin and other sites?
Andrew

In transit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 06:38:29 AM »

That was good.

In transit, Andrew
Innocent Byproduct

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 01:54:08 PM »

Dammit, noodes! Cheesy

I am also working on an XtraNormal video about Peak Oil! I was hoping to finish it today and have all you fine folks here review it for me.

(And yes, yours is a very good video! Smiley )

"This is an emergency far worse than World War I and World War II put together." --Sir Richard Branson

"The airlines in this sector are really the canaries in the coal mine." --J Kunstler

"This is the first scenario I've seen where I question the survivability of mankind." --R Rainwater
jbushkey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 02:06:49 PM »

Entertaining  Grin    but I doubt this is the format that will get the message out to those that need to hear it. I would be surprised if they watch more than 20 seconds  Sad
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:05:45 PM by jbushkey » Logged
noodles
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 03:04:11 PM »

Thanks guys.  This is by no means a magnum opus...I was inspired by a few that I saw, so I thought I'd crank one out myself.  It's probably too long, and not enough zingers.  I can't decide if I want to drop the link on a bunch of other PO boards to see if it gains any traction, or spend some serious time tweaking one until its perfect.  Don't wanna shoot my wad so-to-speak.
Innocent Byproduct

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 05:53:27 PM »

I'm trying to make mine SOUND perfect. The artificial voices don't competely capture Engish as well as I'd like. So I am tweaking and tweaking to get them to pronounce things the way I want them to. Such as:

"Holy shit! You are so screwed!"

This wording causes an unneeded pause between "shit" and "you." But then when I redo it as:

"Holy shit you are so screwed!"

This wording causes "shit" and "you" to get smashed together so that it sounds like "shitoo." So I changed it to:

"Holy shit chew are so screwed!"

And it works just fine now.

I have easilly a dozen edits like that where I am trying to get the voices to be more clear and sound more human. I have been working on it for three days now. MAYBE  it'll be done tonight. I don't have anywhere near as much humor in mine as yours does. But I want mine to be full of actual data and historical facts, for anyone inclined to go and look it all up.

"This is an emergency far worse than World War I and World War II put together." --Sir Richard Branson

"The airlines in this sector are really the canaries in the coal mine." --J Kunstler

"This is the first scenario I've seen where I question the survivability of mankind." --R Rainwater
noodles
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 05:55:49 PM »

Yeah, I had the same problem.  Word like "ignoramouses" had to be spelled out "ignore aim usses" and Obama was "oh Bah Ma".  I didn't take the time to get all the inflections right...but I wasn't about to spend too much time.
Looking forward to seeing yours!
Innocent Byproduct

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 03:46:38 PM »

Yeah, I had the same problem.  Word like "ignoramouses" had to be spelled out "ignore aim usses" and Obama was "oh Bah Ma".  I didn't take the time to get all the inflections right...but I wasn't about to spend too much time.
Looking forward to seeing yours!

Yep! Good old phonics works every time! Cheesy

Anyway, I finally finisehd my own video this morning. I'll be posting it shortly. 

And Duncan -- I think maybe at this point, that "dedicated forum" you were thinking about last year might be in order. A special forum dedicated to JUST the artistic offerings of Kunstlercast members (oriignal fiction, original videos, etc).

noodles
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 11:38:55 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFyqoQ1Ivyk&NR=1

This guy just linked his video series to my xtranormal vid.  I've only watched a few so far, but I think you guys will like it...I'm getting a laugh from it!
The St.Paulite

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 02:35:23 PM »

Aww... Noodles - you made that?  That's awesome. When I saw it, like back in Jan/Feb. I had no idea.

It reminds of most all times I've ever tried to talk to anyone about Peak Oil. Plus, what is this s*** about Agenda 21 and a global government always coming up? The "Agenda" is actually nothing more than wishful thinking that has the following basic aims:

-Combating poverty
-Changing consumption patterns
-Protecting and promoting human health conditions
-Promoting sustainable human settlement development
-Integrating environment and development in decision-making

Anyway, off topic. Thanks for posting Noodles. That video was awesome; and I agree with our new friend on the board when I repear:

Topic discuss is really nice and surely i will continue here.

Man - these Spam'mers are really pushing the colon cleanse.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:37:03 PM by The St.Paulite » Logged

"insert witty quote" - person
noodles
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 02:42:08 PM »

Wow, these spammers are getting better and better.  Take a look where this guy got it from:

http://www.chrismartenson.com/forum/xtranormal-peak-oil-video/49005?page=0#comments
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: