THE KUNSTLERCAST BOOK
NOW SHIPPING (U.S. Only)
$13 + tax, shipping and handling
Also at Amazon
Or Shop Indie Bookstores*
*(price varies)
For Canada, Buy Here
For all else, check online.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 08, 2016, 03:04:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
73346 Posts in 6361 Topics by 13711 Members
Latest Member: Alexander2
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  kunstlercast.com
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Creative Expressions (Moderator: Innocent Byproduct)
| | |-+  My own attempt at a Peak Oil video: "Peak Oil -- What's the Big Darned Deal?"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My own attempt at a Peak Oil video: "Peak Oil -- What's the Big Darned Deal?"  (Read 5618 times)
Innocent Byproduct

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2010, 04:00:12 PM »

Hi Guys,

I have my own Xtranormal video offering here for you. I tried very hard to make it load on YouTube but the upload never went through. So instead of YouTube I am linking you directly to the Xtranormal site.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7928097/

Let me know what you think.

As an aside, I am trying to copy the format and plotting of the recent viral video called "Quantitative Easing Explained."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY16CkS-k

And. as yet ANOTHER aside, the title of my own video is taken from a second hand quote attributed to Sarah Palin. The back story here is that when Palin was first selected to be McCain's running mate in late sumer of 2008, she supposedly had been subjected to some very rushed and very frustrating efforts by the GOP to vet her. There she was, a married woman with children in her 40's, being "schooled" by a bunch of 22-year-old interns who had only just graduated from law school. Those kids were hastily trying to coach her on the cliff notes version of things like Constitutional Law and landmark rulings by the SUpreme Court so that she would soud half-way competent in front of the world press. She tried very hard to learn what they were trying to cram into her head, but she wasn't up to it and finally said to all of them "What's the big darned deal?" And then the 22-year-old-interns all looked at each other and exchanged incredulous glances. The interns (it is rumored) talked about her behind her back, calling her an airhead and incompetent. This supposed situation of her miserable experience with the vetting process came out AFTER Obama won the election. And that exact phrase of "What's the big darned deal?" has stuck in my head these past two years.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 04:07:12 PM by Innocent Byproduct » Logged

"This is an emergency far worse than World War I and World War II put together." --Sir Richard Branson

"The airlines in this sector are really the canaries in the coal mine." --J Kunstler

"This is the first scenario I've seen where I question the survivability of mankind." --R Rainwater
faraway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »

JP Morgue Silver Manipulation Explained
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl47z2g2EvI&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 09:25:23 PM by faraway » Logged

You can have my Cheezedoodles ® when you pry them from my bright orange fingers.
whipstock
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 06:26:01 AM »

I am hoping that the bank Wikileaks will be reporting on is JP Morgan Chase.

Good job IB!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 06:30:43 AM by whipstock » Logged
noodles
Global Moderator

Must not sleep, must warn others...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 06:33:24 AM »

IB - Loved how you started with the "what does that mean?" back and forth like the QE vid.  Funny stuff!  Making those vids are harder than it looks!  Definitely linking to yours and sharing it w/ friends!
luciddreams

http://emtmusings.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 08:55:31 PM »

"and you forgot about the eating of the food".   Cheesy  That was my favorite part.  Awesome job IB...very thorough and well thought out.  I'll post it to my FB page...not that anybody there will get it, but most of the stuff I post on FB goes unnoticed.  I think all of my "friends" have wrote me off as a kook.  I still post this stuff as a way of nonconformity...sort of a middle finger to all of the zombies. 

I know that you are open to ideas where your work is concerned so if I may:

I think it's too long.  If you are trying to reach an informed PO crowd than a lot of the information is redundant.  You should go more for a humorous movie with a PO informed viewers perspective in mind.   If you are trying to awaken people than you are going to have to shorten it.  I would imagine 4 minutes give or take a minute is about the attention span you can expect from your average zombie.  If you could chain one of them down and force their eyes and ears open than they would probably just run a "la la la la la la la la la" script in their head.  Maybe your intention wasn't to wake anybody up. 

I did enjoy it Smiley

If all economists were laid end to end, they [still] would not reach a conclusion. – George Bernard Shaw
Innocent Byproduct

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 11:22:10 PM »

Okay thanks for all the kudos, guys. Smiley

Meanwhile, I am about to run a test! I want to see if I can port this thread over into the new forum called "Creative Expressions." This is the first port I'm gonna do, so hopefully I won't blow up the thread in the attempt.

"This is an emergency far worse than World War I and World War II put together." --Sir Richard Branson

"The airlines in this sector are really the canaries in the coal mine." --J Kunstler

"This is the first scenario I've seen where I question the survivability of mankind." --R Rainwater
Innocent Byproduct

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 11:51:45 PM »

Rats. Can't do it.

Okay, I think Duncan needs to extend my mod-lee poweres to include jurisdiction over the General Discussion forum as well. That way I can port stuff into there from here.  Otherwise only Kwellada and Carstars can do the porting.

carstars
Global Moderator

8 cords wood, 9,999 KWH, 8,999 Miles driving

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 10:12:56 PM »

Just watched, very nice.  Of course reality should but does not go viral.  Just like the government reports.   Thud and gone.   

.-- .-.. --... -... -.. ---
skymetalsmith

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 01:19:28 PM »

Hey Innocent Byproduct, I blogged your video today in response to a screed I got in my email this morning.  It is perfect.  Better than snopes!
http://conchacastaneda.blogspot.com/2011/01/whats-big-darned-deal.html

Thank you for this post and all you do!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:30:39 PM by skymetalsmith » Logged
mjcrites

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 06:19:33 AM »

I love it! The ending rocks.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:25:09 AM by mjcrites » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: